Thursday, July 29, 2010

A little girl advice please?

I realize this is long. Sorry. hehe





Hey, I'm just your regular teenage girl with your regular teenage problems. And I have a teensy weensy problem.





I met this guy, Aiden, my freshman year and am currently a Junior. We've been really good friends for awhile and was in german class along with one of my best friends. I liked him for maybe a quarter of the year. Mostly because he was really cool, sweet, funny, and cute. But I stopped and liked one of my other friends. -Sad, I know-





Then, second semester of my Sophomore year, he sends me a heartogram during Valentines day. But, it didn't say his name. It said Happy V-day from a guy. With his cell phone number on it.


I called him, realized it was him and thought it was a joke. Apparently it wasn't. He actually did like me. The thing was he liked me and my best friend as well but chose me. I wasn't really sure what to think of that. He called me ALL THE TIME but eventually got another girlfriend not to long after I rejected him. I didn't like him because he kind of has bad habits. He got mad after that, kinda. Hehe.





He dumped that girl shortly before summer. I had a crush on this guy at my work, Seth, for pretty much the entire summer but that crush went in the garbage when I realized the little problem that HE had. Which was worse than Aiden's. This guy was...umm..addicted to sex. And I didn't know that. So...yeah. Then, Aiden started to go out with this one girl from HIS work.





Shortly after August started, I started to like Aiden for some reason. I don't even know how I started to. And school's here and he's in my lunch period and 5th hour. I'm sort of at a place where I'm not actually sure if I like him yet. It's very complicated. It's like he sort of a crush but he's kind of not. I really like his personality but I do have a problem with his drug habit. He says he really wants to stop but all his friends do it too and I just don't think he would.





So I'm debating if I still like him, despite the drug problem. What I'm trying to figure out right now is that if he still on some level likes me still. It would be great to just have a chance to talk about everything. We're still really good friends and everything, so it's not awkward at all which is great. I feel bad about liking him with him having a girlfriend, but I can't really help it can I?





Anways, I was just wondering what any girls think I should do. Do you think I should tell him now, wait until I know for sure if I'm willing to go through with the relationship, wait until he and his current girlfriend break up, or what? Cuz I'm so not sure.


Guys, if you have an opinion, I guess you can voice it too. I do realize if you think I'm a bit crazy. heh. It's actually much more complicated than that. I'm giving you the simplified version.A little girl advice please?
I would wait awhile to see if you really like him. Also, if he is still going out with his girlfriend when you do decide, wait until that is over. If you were his current girlfriend, you wouldn't want him to break up with you because of another girl, would you?





My opinion about the drug problem is that it would bother you more if you were going out with him.





Overall, I say that this guy is not right for you, and neither was the other one. I think that you should remain friends with him but find other, better guys to date.A little girl advice please?
Dang girl! Drama drama! ;) I think you should tell him. But be clear that you are not even fully understanding yourself right now... and also be clear that a huge part of why you are hesitant is the drug(s). Yes he has a girlfriend, but it sounds like it's probably not that serious. As long as you are truthful about the fact that yes you do have feelings for him, but that you don't know how strong they are or what they mean, then I say go for it. If you are really that good of friends then he will appreciate that you came to him and were open with him. I wouldn't expect him to drop his girl for you though... not yet. Tell him that you wanted to be honest about your feelings, but that maybe just him knowing is good right now and you both can think on it and discuss things and try to figure out how serious each of you want to be with each other. Then you can take the next step. It sounds like the commitment part is an issue for you, so don't go breaking anyone up unless you intend to take her place. Good luck to you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment