Saturday, July 31, 2010

Need some girl advice! Tampon issues!?

I'm 13 and I started my period last year. I went to a pool party today (I'm on my period) and I couldn't use a pad and I wanted to keep myself sanitary. My mom showed me how to put a tampon in, and I did it successfully. It wasn't uncomfortable or anything. (It was my first time using one.) But after the party, I tried to take it out and there was a LOT of resistance. Every time I pulled on the string, it almost burned, it hurt so badly. It was painful to the point where I actually moaned loud enough that my mom came running into the bathroom to guide me. I eventually got it out, but it really hurt.


It doesnt hurt now (down there) but I was wondering if someone could give me some advice or tips on how to take a tampon out without it hurting so badly!!


Thanks.Need some girl advice! Tampon issues!?
They hurt like that when they are dry. You must have used one with too much absorbency for the amount of your flow. Try using the smaller ones and not taking them out when they are still too dry.Need some girl advice! Tampon issues!?
If it hurts or is uncomfortable then its not in right, put it in at a 45 degree angle and make sure its all the way in before you push it in, if that made sense. Also, you put you fingers at the bottom of it instead of the string then it might be easier to take it out, just wash your hands really well. Playtex sport tampons are most comfortable btw.
it normally does that when it hasnt been in long or it is dry. normally if i give mine a tug and it feels like it is going to cause my pain i leave it in for a little longer if it hasnt been 8 hours so i wont get tss. hope i helped.





emilyelisabeth
Sometimes a tampon can hurt coming out if it isn't very saturated (wet). Since you were swimming with it, though, I don't think it was dry. Maybe you just can't use tampons. Some women can't and you may be one of them.
Use one with less absorbency.
were you using a absorbancy which was too high? i find it hurts a LOT just like you described if you used say a super tampon but only needed a regular to light tampon
when it hurts too take it out, and theres resistance, the tampon is still pretty dry. Try a ';light days'; or ';juniors'; one

No comments:

Post a Comment